Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Boyfriend Bucket

Back in my sorority days, I considered my greatest accomplishment to be the only successful tradition I have ever started. The idea was simple: a bucket filled with condoms, a small bottle of Schnapps, a short note and the primary staple of freshly single girl life, lots and lots of chocolate. Additional items, like favorite break up movies, could be always be included. In theory, the bucket providing the recepient with what we all need most in the days following a break up, even an amicable one: comfort and the knowledge that, while loves comes and goes, your friends will always be enablers to self-destructive behavior. I can only imagine where the bucket is now, as it moved from girl to girl, and often back to the same girls over and over. But even without the acutal bucket, the sentiment remains the same. Tonight is an evening devoted to the ideals of the boyfriend bucket--in memory of loves lost, in honor of those yet to come, and in the spirit of sisterhood. May the bucket find its way to you, should you ever need it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I've got nothing really to say, but I wanted you to know that I am still reading. I am in Sarajevo right now having grand adventures that I cannot write about on my blog. I know, I know... if you can't tell the whole world via the internet, who can you tell?

4:05 AM  
Blogger Obesio said...

I'm still reading, too.

4:19 PM  
Blogger The Husskateer said...

And I'm still writing...eventually. Enjoy Sarajevo!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home