Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Procrastination is just like masturbation

I apologize for the lack of posts recently. Sadly, there hasn’t been a lot to write about lately. I had a date a few days back but ended up getting the flu, and thus did not have sex with my date. Things have been somewhat busy. Lola was visiting from Wisconsin for five days, so I spent most of last week drinking and laughing at immature jokes. We intended to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in true Irish style at the 4 P’s, but the line was disgustingly long so we skipped out and headed to our favorite karaoke bar. The drinks were cheap and strong, and the bartender was both very cute and impressed by my love of Jack Daniels.
Other than that, the only news I have to report is that I’ve decided I want to stay in D.C. for at least another year after graduation. Rather than work on my thesis, I’ve been spending entirely too much time on Craig’s List searching for apartments and jobs. If I can’t find anything else, I’m going to become a sex phone operator. There is still some chance that I’ll be returning to Pennsylvania in mid-May, and I’d be happy with that. Right now everything seems desperately uncertain, and I feel as though getting at least one thing figured out would lift an enormous weight. Despite the coming changes, I’m relatively optimistic and surprisingly happy. I feel like everything will sort itself out, which could be true or naïve wishful thinking.
On the boy front, I have a date this Saturday since I’m working Friday night. If the weather is nice, we plan to go to the zoo. I haven’t been to the zoo since my infamous bat cave sex scandal. Ah, memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home