Thursday, March 03, 2005

My [first] date

Last night I went on my first adult date. I define adult dates as ones that aren't explicitly about sex--they involve a lot of conversation, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's a bit shameful to admit my inexperience with dating, but hey, blogs are all about being honest...sort of. Regardless of how it may sound, a lot of my first dates ended in sex and were never followed up by a second date. Even more of my first dates didn't include dinner or any kind of activity. So while I can put a condom on with my mouth, my dating resume is rather short.

Since I have so little experience with dating, it's hard for me to evaluate how it went. It's like a virgin trying to figure out if the sex was good. One of my co-workers suggested that rather than try to evaluate the date, I should simply decide whether I had a decent time with him or not. And even though I know the answer to that question, I can't help but wonder whether he feels the same way.

I wish first dates weren't always ass awkward. I'm totally for getting sex out of the way right off the bat. Maybe it seems cheap, but it also alieviates any uncertainty about how the date is going. Besides, everyone is a lot calmer and more honest after a good fuck. Unfortunately, I only know a few people who feel the same way I do so it seems unlikely that dating protocol will change anytime soon. In the meantime, let's all try to make first dates a little bit easier on each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home