Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I might like you better if we slept together.

Tonight is date number 2 with the boy from last week. He's actually picking me up at my apartment. It's like t.v. dating, which makes it almost feel like it isn't real. At any moment, I expect a camera crew to bust out somewhere. If you see me on some awful MTV dating show, then you'll know what happened...not that most of you know what I look like. But use your imagination. I was going to make it even more like a real date by wearing a skirt, but then I realized it's fucking freezing outside today.

To update from my weekend, I had a boy over for movies and wine. I thought that it was just a random hook up, or potentially a fuck buddy interview, but it now seems that he may actually like me. It's so bizarre how these things happen. And this leads me to the statement in the title. I think I like boys more before I have slept with them. There is something inherently exciting about the chase; about pursuing the elusive. I suppose it's why some people hunt even though they could get perfectly good meat at the corner grocery store. I vaguely remember some philosopher saying that our desires have to be unreachable because that's part of why we desire them. In simple terms, we want what we can't have and once we have it, we can't want it anymore because it ceases to be a desire.

Just a thought for the day. I'm off to "supervise" some volunteers who are painting for us today. I'm hoping there will be cute, underage boys I stare at. Mmm...statutory.

3 Comments:

Blogger Obesio said...

The pursuit is undoubtedly intoxicating. It's always interesting to see whether there will be anything there after that part of the relationship ends.

Why did you do away with anonymous comments? Just curious.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Drew said...

I used to feel the same way...in fact, there were times that I'd deliberately not sleep with someone for a while so I could savor the "liking them" feeling, knowing that once I did do the deed, it was all over.

I thought it was me, but thankfully, I met somebody now who I just can't get enough of, no matter how often we do it. It's a nice change.

8:23 PM  
Blogger The Husskateer said...

The anonymous comments are temporarily gone because they were pissing me off, and frankily I don't need more things pissing me off. I may bring them back if I'm feeling generous.

Drew--I'm jealous but very happy for you. It's difficult to find that balance. I should be more cheery, but I'm in shitty mood, so I'm going to bed. 'Night darlin.

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home