Saturday, February 23, 2008

Come and Knock on Our Door

Two's company; three's a crowd.

Maybe not.

Long ago I banished the idea of having a threesome. Sexual exploration and experimentation is the fabric from which my life is made. Still, even I have my limits and standards. I've slept with married men, with men in long term, "committed" relationships, with men my friends hoped to date, with multiple partners in the same time frame. Loose as my morals may be, I occasionally, and seemingly arbitrarily, draw the line. I don't sleep with baby daddies. I don't have threesomes.

Correction. I didn't have threesomes.

For some, avoiding multiple partners in the same bed is a choice based on morality. Not surprisingly, I do not see this as a moral issue. Selfishness is the sole reason I have stayed away from a menage a trois. I don't like to share my toys, or my boys. Moreover, I don't like distractions that divert attention away from me. Several of my lovers have sought to bring another person into my bed. I've always politely declined. My assumption was always that in order to experience multiple partners in one sitting, I would have to give up something that I had already marked as mine. Mine, mine, mine!

Not everyone is as self-absorbed as I am. Rather feeling deprived, being pursued and persuaded to join another couple made me feel lavished upon. Instead of one person telling me that I have an amazing body, that I'm an exceptional kisser, I had two. Double your pleasure, double your fun. As the guest, I was the center of attention. Holla! Why didn't this situation ever occur to me as a possibility? Joining an existing couple is the holy grail of sex!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home