Friday, December 14, 2007

A Warm December

There's nothing like herbal tea, a four hour nap, knitting and VH1 to spice up an already wild Friday night. Currently, I'm booze free for three weeks now. Go me! I'm also sex free for four weeks, which is pretty incredible. I've heard that women don't miss sex after the first month, and so far, that seems to be true. That's probably more of a reflection of the quality of sex I was having than anything else. I'm like a whole new person, except, you know, mostly the same. I commenced my wild evening with the most fantastic piece of cheesecake. Cutting out liquor and replacing it with delicious desserts is probably the best idea I've had in years. What could be better?

Really the only feasible way to top the evening I've had is with a Saturday of baking low-carb cookies, Christmas shopping, looking at pictures of cats on the internet, and decimating the supply of cookies I just baked. Of course, there's a holiday party to attend and sweet, sweet rum to tempt me, but I'm confident that I'm going to make it.

At about 11:03 pm, I'm going to realize that I've become my mother and likely hit the bar like a metro bus careening through downtown, picking off pedestrians along the way. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home