Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Hussy's Diary

Many dull, boring, and unimaginative people take great inspiration from movies. I am just such a dull, boring, and unimaginative person. Like every other dull, boring, and unimaginative girl in her 20's, I derive inspiration from Bridget Jones's Diary. Shut up.

New Year's Resolutions: "Resolution #1: uggg - will obviously lose 20 lbs. #2: always put last night's panties in the laundry basket. Equally important: will find nice sensible boyfriend and stop forming romantic attachments to any of the following: alcoholics, workoholics, sexaholics, commitment-phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional fuckwits, or perverts."

Not bad, though wholly unoriginal (except perhaps the part about the panties). Inspired as I am, here is my list of resolutions to be promptly forgotten no later than mid-January.


1. Hang 2008 calendar. It has pictures of kittens wearing hats, and I have no idea why I bought it.

2. Finish the 10-day detox fast I have embarked upon. Currently, I am on day 5 and have lost 8 pounds. It should be noted though, while I am now the thinnest I have been in my adult life, this fast is not about being skinny. This is more about proving to myself that I can accomplish this. Losing 20 pounds is just a super bonus.

3. Obviously will lose 20 pounds. Duh.

4. Swim more

5. Learn to belly dance.

6. Go to the movies by myself.

7. Quit smoking.

8. Run a 5k, even if it's only against myself.

9. Move either to a new city or, at least, into my very own apartment where no one leaves the toilet paper off the roll, puts an empty box of aluminum foil back in the cabinet, or leaves water on the bathroom floor.

10. Pay off my credit card.

11. Have breakfast brought to me in bed.

Some are ambitious, some are not. A new year, new accomplishments to face, a new chance to do it all over again. Here's to 2008. May it be a year of health, wealth, numerous lascivious acts, and happiness. Or at the very least, may it be a year better than the last.

1 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

There's nothing wrong with allowing yourself to be inspired by good movies.

Here's to 2008.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home