Monday, January 07, 2008

Complimentary Gift

Compliments mean less when the person giving them is ugly. It's just a fact. If someone who thought that stick figures with bows to differentiate gender made a comment about the work of Jackson Pollack, their opinion would promptly be placed in the circular file of your brain. Thus someone a little dodgey on the eyes should not comment on fine art. When the Dry Humper told me I was beautiful, it meant nothing. In fact, it almost made me feel less worthy of the compliment. When The English Major said it, my stomach jumped up into my throat.

Resolutions Update: I have successfully hung my kitten picture calendar in a place of honor in my bedroom. Slightly less impressive, I also finished my 10 day fast and am now in the process of reintroducing food to my body. My mouth says, "Oh it tastes so good!!!" and my body says, "Oh my god, what the hell is that?!?!" Hilarity ensues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home