Saturday, November 05, 2005

And I feel fine

My god I work too much. Leaving the office at 10:30 pm on a Friday is about the worst thing that could possibly happen to a 22 year old living in a city. No, scratch that. Leaving the office at 10:30 pm on a Friday to find a bunch of guys drinking 2Elevens out of paper bags from a liquor store named "Good Old Reliable" is the worst thing that could possibly happen to a 22 year old.

I'm pretty sure the world is going to end tomorrow. I actually made it into The blog of S. Will wonders never cease. Apparently people are interested to see what this sad, lonely boy is all about. For the record, he doesn't fuck half as much as he makes it seem on there. Ignore his rant about how I would introduce him at parties. He's bitter cause he knows I'd never introduce him to any of my friends. My continued benevolence astounds me, as I still to link to him and direct readers his way. Maybe it's because, despite all his bluffing, he really is as good in bed as he claims to be.

By the way, we're officially on hiatus. Of all the concepts in the dating world, "taking a break" has got to be the most absurd. People always use the term as though they'll be overcome with clarity and shocking new revelations that will eventually lead the relationship to staggering plateaus of love and harmony. As though time a part were the penicillin for everything that made your time together miserable. Really, taking a break is just like calling a truce during a war. You're not really going home to think about peace. You're going home to stock up on ammo, and plot a more efficient decimation of your enemy using all the weaknesses you just learned about. Some elements are always going to fight when they're put in the same place. Like water and oil, Jews and Arabs, the US and everyone else. And I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Who's to say the best relationships are the conventional ones? Who's to say that love is always soft and gentle?

I don't know what the answer is there. But I do know that I hate this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Obesio said...

"Really, taking a break is just like calling a truce during a war. You're not really going home to think about peace. You're going home to stock up on ammo, and plot a more efficient decimation of your enemy using all the weaknesses you just learned about."

Awesome. Just awesome.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home