Friday, April 15, 2005

Hustlers and thugs beware

As further proof that I'm still retarded at adult dating, I offer this story.

I went on a date last night in Dupont. We headed to a trendy pool place in Dupont, which was empty when we got there. We played a round of pool and had a few beers. The conversation was good, and we ended up completely losing track of time. We like the same things, we hate the same things. We both made fun of the yuppie guys trying to impress their over-tanned, fake Louis Vuitton sporting dates with unnecessary pool positions they weren't cool enough to pull off. All in all, things were going very well. I planned to go to a party afterwards to alliviate any temptation to sleep with him on the first date. By 11:00 pm, we were still sitting in the bar, completely unaware that several hours had passed. Eventually, we headed out towards the metro. As far as first dates go, this had been one of the least awkward and enjoyable, and completely sans fucking. Imagine that. Once we got to the metro though, and the goodnight kiss seemed imminent, I retreated to immaturity. He leaned in and kissed me, and I smiled to encourage him to kiss me again, which he did. Then, I did something I kicked myself for the rest of the night...I started giggling.

I would love to say that facial hair was tickling me, or that I was giggling at the drunk asses out for Thirsty Thursday. I wasn't. I giggled at the ridiculousness of kissing. Yes, I am in fact a third grader.

2 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

Haha, I've done that lots of times too. In fact, I still do it. And it makes it even funnier when your date pulls back and goes, "What? What are you laughing at?"

12:07 AM  
Blogger The Husskateer said...

Yeah, he asked that too, which just made me laugh more. It's alright though. We discussed it today and agreed that there would be a make-up session. I must have done something right.

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home