Sunday, April 15, 2007

Days of Our Lives

8:37 pm - I pick up my cell phone and look at it. No missed calls. No new messages. Fucker.

8:42 pm - I walk to the fridge for a beer. Return to the phone and check for new developments. No missed calls. No messages. Maybe he's waiting until after 9 for free minutes? That's considerate. Then I wonder if I'm thinking of the right person.

9:03 pm - I put my headphones on and pretend to ignore the phone. I glance at it, and it seems that the longer I look at it, the less likely it will be to actually ring.

9:21 pm - I can't stand it anymore and violently throw the phone on my bedroom floor and storm downstairs. Stupid cunt. I hate him.

9:58 pm - Remorseful, I return to the phone I so recently cast aside. One missed call! Hallelujah! I knew he would cave in before I would. I knew it! I win, I win, I win!

9:59 pm - Immediately following my victory dance, I flip open the phone and see that the missed call is from my mother. A stream of expletives is unleashed.

10:00 pm to 10:15 pm - I take two shots of tequila, smoke a cigarette and crawl into my bed. In my last thoughts before the tequila takes affect and I slip into a night of restless sleep, I tell myself that I don't care anymore. Fuck him. It's over and I don't care.

For the first 8 days that he didn't call, I didn't care. For the last 7, it's been this same routine every night. Why doesn't the goddamn phone just ring?!? Who goes 15 days without a word. No email, no phone call. Nothing. Not one single, ridiculous, stupid, little word. One could argue that I haven't called or written either. I start to dial the number, or begin to compose the email, and then I realize that I have nothing to say. More than that, I realize that I don't even want to talk to him. I realize this and it drives me absolutely fucking nuts that he obviously feels the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home