Tuesday, November 16, 2004

One of these things is not like the others

For most girls, their PMS ritual revolves around chocolate and crying. True to form, I differ from most girls. Every month, I use the 5 days in which I am completely useless to reassess and evaluate. Generally this involves a lot of self-doubt, uncertainty, and regret. Thankfully, that time has passed.

The trouble with this period of self-reflection is that I inevitably start wishing I were different. I start to think about how nice it would be to have a boyfriend...one boyfriend. Eventually I remember the many reasons why I am not one of those girls. For one, I have to many facets to be satisfied by one boy. Monogamy is for suckers. If you can have your cake and eat it too, why would you turn that down? Girls who get all wrapped up in love, all wrapped up in one boy are so dull and annoying. I'm not saying that I never want love; don't get me wrong. Just not now, and not from a weakling.

If I'm going to be a Sex and the City character, I would be a careful mix of Miranda and Samantha--not Carrie and Charolette.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

Re - PMS and sucking away your will to live (that's how I respond, although I like to down a few Chocolate Martinis in the run up) - sounds to me like you're totally a candidate for the Seasonale. Those bastards should totally pay me. Anyway, I love it.

Having the curse only 4x a year means that you have 8 fewer (hormonally induced) opportunities for hating yourself. sure, my insurance doesn't cover it yet - but it works out costly about a $1 a day. I'm totally worth a dollar a day... possibly as much as a buck fifty.

9:42 AM  
Blogger The Husskateer said...

Lucky for me, I was ahead of my time on the Seasonale thing too. Way back at the tender age of 14 I figured out I could control it all with the pill. Seasonale is nothing new--ob/gyn's have been doing it for decades as well as instructing their patients to. It's just regular birth control taken continuously for 3 months. So if your insurance covers regular birth control, you're getting fucked. If it doesn't, then no stress because you not procreating is certainly worth the $1 a day.

I found the daily pill entirely too bothersome so I switched to the Ring about 2 years ago. It's good shit, and you can use just like the pill. Only difference is you don't swallow it and you only worry about it once every 3 weeks. I know way too much about reproductive health.

Still, I appreciate your concern for my well being, and for the tip. From my vagina to yours, thanks.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home